If you are a business, large or small, and are curious about incorporating algae (or their compounds) into your products then feel free to get in touch and find out more.
We delivery bulk and bespoke solutions for:
- Animal Feed
The Algae Hub is based in Portugal and we specialise in EU algae, guaranteeing high grade quality, consistency of supply and competitive pricing. Currently we provide whole cell biomass and compounds of sustainably produced microalgae.
Our stock comes from:
- Controlled production methods
- High Quality Standards/EU GMP Standard/Certified
- Testing to guarantee 100% conformity
- Full traceability from source to end customer
Algae is a safe, natural, plant-based and bioactive raw ingredient. It is a sustainable, renewable and highly valuable resource which improves human and animal nutrition, overall health and many other industry products and services, whilst relieving pressures on the environment.
Here are some of the products you can extract from of algae:
- Source of bulk protein and essential amino acids
- Lipids (higher productivity than terrestrial sources)
- Source of Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA)
- ω -3 PUFA, primary source of the essential EPA and DHA
- ω -6 PUFA
- Natural food colorants with strong antioxidant/anti-inflammatory activities
- Wide range of tonalities - Golden yellow to green, purple to red, orange to blue
- Natural gellifiers, emulsifiers and stabilizers
- Essential Vitamins
- Vitamins A, C, D, E, B12, B9, B6, K – wider variety than terrestrial sources
- Source of P (Phosphorus), Se (Selenium), Na (Sodium), Mg (Magnesium), K (Potassium), Ca (Calcium), Fe (Ferro), Zn (Zinc)